Thursday, March 8, 2007

cc 1 - week 1 - DME

Once again, I was not here in week one but the blogs gave me an idea of what topics that were discussed. As I understand, the topic was DME which involves audio and MIDI. Luckily, I am familiar with to both when I got presented to MIDI and Cubase 1993 on an Atari 1040ST that caught my interest, what a fantastic computer that was. However, some things are impossible to do with MIDI, sooner or later things needs to be recorded and that’s were audio comes in. My favourite choice for capture and edit audio is ProTools because of the excellent control of automation, but, I cannot get my eyes off Ableton that are a pretty new platform. Yet, DME are the future when it is considering cheap in comparison to tape machines and effects but some people will always prefer old technology. I would not mind a Lexicon reverb myself but who has $20 000 to spend on a single effect when plug-ins can emulate ‘the real thing’ pretty good. In other words, DME is the future, no doubt.

No comments: